CHC owns and manages several small facilities that cater to people experiencing homelessness, individuals with mental health issues and people with modest means.  The special needs housing buildings are:

Jefferson Place (homelessness)

Old Swedes Housing (mental health)

Naaman's House (individuals with modest means)


Frequently asked questions

How do I apply?

You can print out the application and fax it to 610-917-9933 or mail to 201 High St, Suite 401, Phoenixville, PA 19460. However, the quickest option is to call 610-917-3486.

Can I apply if I am not a Chester County resident?

Yes, potential residents are not limited to Chester County.

How old do I have to be to live there?

All residents must be 18 years old or older.

What is the rent amount?

Rent is 30% of your income or no less than $50.00 per month. All utilities are included in the cost of rent.

Do I have to have an income to live there?

Residents do not need an income to qualify for housing, however, each resident is responsible for a minimum of $50.00 a month.

If I do not need income to move in, how do I pay my rent?

Our agency has partnered with local agencies to help pay no more than 4 months of rent for those who qualify and without income. This helps bridge the gap of acquiring income.

Is there a security deposit?

Yes, the amount of the security deposit depends on which program you are applying for. The largest security deposit is $300.00. Each deposit can be paid in installments.

What does the unit look like?

Each unit is a small private room with a private bathroom. They come fully furnished with a bed, side table, wardrobe, and chair. Each resident is responsible for providing their own bed sheets.

How long can I stay?

There is no set time frame for the length of stay. The goal of the program is to support each resident in obtaining and maintaining permanent housing. This journey looks different for each person.

If I already have a traveling voucher from the Housing Authority, will you accept it?

If you already have a voucher we would be unable to accept it becuase each unit comes with its own funding already.